Thursday, March 4, 2010

Holy Uprising - Thur Mar 4

We're two weeks into our 40 Days (or a few days into 30 Days :) and if you're anything like me, I need constant reminders to stay on track. Roadsigns that keep me on the path.
So back to 2 Chronicles 7 today . . .

If my people will humble themselves….

2 Chronicles 7:12-15

The LORD appeared to him at night and said: "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices. "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

Wow. These are promises of God. He will hear from heaven, forgive sins, and heal. IF we, who are called by His name, will be humble, pray, seek His face, and turn from sin. Sometimes, it is easy to think, that is so much! Being humble is difficult enough, but to pray, pursue Him, and walk away from sin? That is too difficult. Too overwhelming. But, did you catch the phrase, “my people, who are called by my name?

1 Peter 2:9: But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

If you have chosen Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, you are God’s chosen. If you are His chosen, then HE lives in you through His Holy Spirit!

John 14:26: But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

If you have the Holy Spirit, then He will teach you.

Do you need Him to hear you, forgive you, and heal you?
In what ways have you been trying to do this 40 Days by yourself? In your strength?

You need to make the time and effort to draw near to Him. Take time right now. Humbly pray. Humbly seek Him . . . talk to Him. Tell Him you need His help. Ask Him to help turn you from the ways that are keeping you from Him. He will make good on His promise.

No comments: