Monday, March 15, 2010

Holy Uprising - Mon Mar 15

"I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word."
(Psalm 119:15-16)

As I've been Reflecting I've gone back to Psalm 119 quite a bit in the last week. A lot of the time when I'm trying to find my spiritual footing, or find a more firm foot hold, I go back to Psalm 119. That's because Psalm 119 is a treasure chest of Truth about God's Word. Over and over and over the psalmist talks about how God's Word is LIFE.

[And for you trivia buffs Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. It is also the beginning of the second half of the entire Bible. Psalm 118 is the 'center' with 594 chapters before it and 594 chapters after it.]


God's Word helps us when we're suffering or in need:

"Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." vs. 49-50



It shows us how to live the life of freedom that God has given us:

"I will walk about in freedom,

for I have sought out your precepts." v. 45



As I focus on the Word it keeps me out of the path of sin:

"How can a young man keep his way pure?

By living according to your word.

I seek you with all my heart;

do not let me stray from your commands.

I have hidden your word in my heart

that I might not sin against you." vs. 9-11



It lifts us up in times of sorrow:

"Let me understand the teaching of your precepts;

then I will meditate on your wonders.

My soul is weary with sorrow;

strengthen me according to your word" vs. 27-28



There's no ending. Because God's Word is Living (Hebrews 4:12) there is no limit to how it can impact your life.

As you continue with 40 Days this week, make it a priority to dwell in God's Word. Take a verse or passage every day, write it on a notecard, carry it with you, pull it out every hour, read it and just think about for 30 seconds.

There is no more important Reflection that you can do than on God's Word. Ask Him to use it to transform you.




No comments: