Friday, March 26, 2010

Holy Uprising - Fri Mar 26

Is It Nearly Over????


"Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?" Luke 9:23-25

Alright only a little over a week left – Most of me is saying I cannot wait until I can try those things again – the things I have fasted from – the things I have given up to seek to be closer to God! So I have to ask myself – what am I really saying here??? Am I looking forward to being distracted from God again? Am I looking forward to partaking in my fleshly desires so I can escape from reality – so I can escape from my relationship with the Creator?

WOW! That is convicting! I really have to sit down and ask God what He really wants from me. Did I just want 40 days of not doing something just to not do it; OR do I desire a lifetime of reminders that He is in control, He has our back, and He is all I need.

This is the difference between religion and freedom. I choose Christ over obligation and pleasing others. I choose our King over earthly desires. I choose God over myself.

I have appreciated the extra time I have had with God every time my body told me, “Forget about Lent man, and just do what you want to do!” Because I needed God to get past those times – and His pleasure in me was greater than the temporary pleasure my desires fulfill. But even knowing this, I tried to come up with excuses to break it several times. I thank God for giving me the strength to persevere and make it till Easter. Now I am asking Him to help me persevere for life. I love Him so much – why would I want to try and hide again after 40 days of greater life – greater Joy – and a more real connectedness.

Thank you Jesus for your perfect plan. Now let’s all choose to follow Him every day after Lent. Let’s be the light of the world and show the lost and the helpless who their true Father is! We are not on our own. We do not have to live life to some man made standard. We will always fail to be perfect, to be religious, to do enough on our own. But He is there for us! We just have to seek Him – get in His Word. We only need to ask!

"If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you." (John 15:7 NIV)

Have a great, fruitful, powerful week basking in His love and His desire for you – then keep it going – you won’t want to stop!

No comments: