Monday, March 22, 2010

Holy Uprising - Mon Mar 22

TODAY!


"Great is his faithfulness;

his mercies begin afresh each morning." (Lamentations 3:23)


"This is the day the Lord has made;

let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

"Better is one day in your courts

than a thousand elsewhere." (Psalm 84:10)


"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)


At the moment these verses all have new meaning to me after last week. I woke up early Monday morning with a 'rumbly tumbly' and ended up finding myself in bed for most of the week with a stomach that wouldn't quit giving back!

I felt miserable. It was my kids spring break and I was just a whiny, grumpy mess. On top of it all I was able to have NO coffee, ALL stinkin' week! Need I say more.

Kidding aside, I felt nauseous, unproductive, grumpy . . . and disconnected from God. All week in a funk. It's my fault. I didn't have to go all the way in there, but I did. You ever been there?

But when I look at these verses they remind me that today begins the rest of my life. That TODAY God's love for me is new and fresh. (Kind of like the fresh sunshine that is all over Corpus today after the storms we had yesterday!)
That I can live THIS DAY in His presence with no penalties or reminders of past stuff.
That if I will allow Him, everything that happens to me today will be used for future glory.

All of that makes me thankful?

Why don't you begin your day with thanks. Just take a few minutes and thank God for everything you can think of. While you're at it thank Him for the new beginning that you have today.

Now, go live in the sunshine!










No comments: