Saturday, March 13, 2010

Holy Uprising - Sat Mar 13

Information Power


"Oh, how I love your law!

I meditate on it all day long.

Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,

for they are ever with me.

I have more insight than all my teachers,

for I meditate on your statutes." Psalm 119:97-99



"Open my eyes that I might see the wonderful Truths in your law." Psalm 119:18


I've been reading a book called Freakonomics -- it's a book written by an economist that's a treasure of history and trivia written in narrative form. I love it (but I love history and trivia!).

In one section he talks about the power of information. He uses the Klu Klux Klan as an example and how their entire power base was formed around their hoarding of information. As soon as the truth (information) was released - their private world made public - membership and activity plummeted. No more information power.

He also talked about life insurance rates - how in the late 1990's rates plummeted. Why? The internet. Beginning with Quotesmith.com websites compared life insurance rates and suddenly everyone had the information to get the lowest rates. Game over.


"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

As follower's of Jesus, God's Word is our primary source of information. To be sure it is more than just information because it is Living and through the Holy Spirit it gives life in miraculous ways.
We all desperately need it. It is the very words of God that the Holy Spirit us to transform us!

"Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple." Psalm 119:129-130

You need a diet of God's Word EVERY day. I pray that this 40 Days has helped you be consistent in reading God's Word if you were not before. But I pray that you will continue to feast on His Truth.

Without it we languish. With it, we have the information necessary to live transformed lives.

No comments: