Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Holy Uprising - Tue Feb 23

Me & Tiger

Read Psalm 130 . . .

Read Psalm 130 again, slowly . . . identifying with the psalmists humility & hope . . .

Tiger Woods is a sinner. I'm a sinner.

A lot of people in the last few days have been assessing the honesty of Tiger's heart in his confession. Was he honest enough? Was he telling the truth or just trying to win back sponsors and fans? Is he trying hard enough to repair his marriage? . . . .

Wow, I hurt for a man whose sin is so public.

For me, watching Tiger's failures and now watching him seek restoration has just reminded me of how empty my own heart and motives can be.
I have so much sin in own life, that I don't have the time, nor the moral authority to be trying to judge or direct someone else's life.

It reminds me just how desperate I am for God's mercy.

Psalm 73 says this:
"Whom have I in heaven but you?

And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart

and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:25-26)


Where do you need God's mercy today? Let Him know. Ask Him to forgive you and restore you.
Where have you tried to play God? To direct and lead your OWN life or OTHER'S lives? Ask God to help you be completely dependent on HIS mercy and HIS hope.

No comments: