Monday, February 22, 2010

Holy Uprising - Mon Feb 22

Lessons of Repentance from Hosea

In a season of pain and extreme refinement, while reading the Daily Walk Bible, this truth was a slap in the face:

1. My past was marred by disobedience and rebellion

2. My future held the threat of continued calamity & pain

3. Complete change of heart, mind, action & attitude would be the only way to avoid this and repair the damage done in the past

Hosea 14:1-2 say: "Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God, for your sins have brought you down. Bring your petitions and return to the Lord. Say to him, “Forgive all our sins and graciously receive us, so that we may offer you the sacrifice of praise."

According to Scripture, Israel is God’s chosen people. I am Israel. I am one of God’s chosen because I claim His sweet Son as my Savior.

During this season I prayed Hosea 14:1 as my personal prayer to begin the steps of repentance that have shaped my heart, mind, action & attitude. And I did this by putting my name in the place of Israel’s!

Spend some time today as you begin your week praying this prayer by filling your name in the blank. Take these verses with you today and continue to offer yourself to Him . . .

Return, O _____________, to the Lord my God, for my sins have brought me down. I bring my petitions and return to you my Lord. Forgive me of my sins and graciously receive me, so that I might offer you the sacrifice of praise.

No comments: