Thursday, February 25, 2010

Holy Uprising - Thur Feb 25

Reflecting . . . On Who God is . . . On My Life in Him

Spiritual reflection begins as we first seek God for who he truly is. His attributes must be learned, and we gain that insight through His Living Word.

“To You, O God, belong wisdom and power; Counsel and understanding are Yours.” (Job 12:13)

“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to You, our God, Because Your judgments are true and righteous.” (Revelation 19:1-2)

Pause and take a few minutes to reflect on these Truths about Who God is! His person, power and perfection.

We are His creation. Reflecting on God’s works allows us to dwell on our Maker . . .

“O Lord, what are human beings that You take care of them, or people that You think of them? Their lives are like breaths; their days are like passing shadows." (Psalm 144:3-4)

"O God, You give strength to the weary And increase the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, And young men stumble and fall; But we who wait for You, O Lord, Will renew our strength. We will mount up with wings like eagles; We will run and not grow weary; We will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:29-31)

Take a moment to consider the greatness of God’s wonderful works.

My Relationship to God

"Why is my soul so downcast? Why am I so disturbed deep within my being? I will hope in You, O God, for I will yet praise You For the help of Your presence. O my God, my soul is downcast within me; Therefore I will remember You. Why is my soul so downcast? Why am I so disturbed within my being? I will hope in You, my God, for I will yet praise You-- The help of my countenance and my God." (Psalm 42:5-6,11)


“I rejoice in my tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint , because Your love, O God, has been poured out into my heart through the Holy Spirit whom You have given to me." (Romans 5:3-5)

Pause to thank God for the relationship that you enjoy with Him in Jesus . . . no matter what!

Father God, I am truly thankful to you for the experiences you have allowed me to Endure throughout my life. Although during those times, I may not have known the reason, but as I have matured in my walk with You, O Lord, I now know that you were testing my character, which now hopes in You always. Amen.

[Face To Face, Praying the Scriptures for Spiritual Growth, Kenneth Boa]

No comments: