Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday's Living Water

Scripture

"Surely every man walks about as a phantom;
Surely they make an uproar for nothing;
He amasses riches and does not know who will gather them.
"And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
"Deliver me from all my transgressions;
Make me not the reproach of the foolish.
Psalm 39:6-8



, como una sombra anda el hombre;
ciertamente en vano se afana;
acumula riquezas, y no sabe quién las recogerá.
Y ahora, Señor, ¿qué espero?
En ti está mi esperanza.
Líbrame de todas mis transgresiones;
no me hagas la burla de los necios.
Salmos 39:6-8



Reading - Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.


Meditation - Take some time to reflect on the words and phrases in the text. Which words, phrases or images speak to you most?


Prayer - Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.


Contemplation - What word or image captures the spirit of the passage for you?

No comments: