Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday's Living Water

Scripture

Give ear to my words, O LORD,
Consider my groaning.
Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
For to You I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
Psalm 5:1-3



Escucha mis palabras, oh SEÑOR;
considera mi lamento.
Está atento a la voz de mi clamor, Rey mío y Dios mío,
porque es a ti a quien oro.
Oh SEÑOR, de mañana oirás mi voz;
de mañana presentaré mi oración a ti,
y con ansias esperaré.
Salmos 5:1-3



Reading - Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.



Meditation - Take some time to reflect on the words and phrases in the text. Which words, phrases or images speak to you most?



Prayer - Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.



Contemplation - What word or image captures the spirit of the passage for you?

No comments: