Monday, March 2, 2009

Tuesday's Living Water

Scripture

How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.
I'll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it.
Psalm 119: 9-16 (The Message)


Cómo puede el joven llevar una vida íntegra?
Viviendo conforme a tu palabra.
Yo te busco con todo el corazón;
no dejes que me desvíe de tus mandamientos.
En mi corazón atesoro tus dichos
para no pecar contra ti.
Bendito seas, Señor!
Enséñame tus decretos!
Con mis labios he proclamado
todos los juicios que has emitido.
Me regocijo en el *camino de tus estatutos
más que en todas las riquezas.
En tus preceptos medito,
y pongo mis ojos en tus sendas.
En tus decretos hallo mi deleite,
y jamás olvidaré tu palabra.
Salmos 119: 9-16 (NVI)



Reading - Slowly read the Scripture passage several times


Meditation - Take some time to reflect on the words and phrases in the text. Which words, phrases or images speak to you most?


Prayer - Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer
of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.


Contemplation - What word or image captures the spirit of the passage for you?

No comments: