Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holy Uprising - Sat Apr 3

The Greatest Treasure


"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46


I often look across the room at my wife when she is not looking and am reminded of this verse. She is such a great blessing in my life. She is the greatest object of my love on this earth, and yet, so often, I realize that I have let my job, or my hobbies, or just life in general, take the freshness away from that revelation. Lord!!!! Revive me daily and remind me of the treasure you have placed in my life!!! Refocus my pearl merchant’s heart and inspire me to daily sell all that I have that I might retain this great treasure for just one more day!!!!

So too with THE greatest treasure in my life. Jesus. So often, I let work, family, friends, hobbies, or plain old sin throw a wet blanket on the love that I have for my Savior. Why?

It is so easy to give God the leftovers in my life. Why? Lord, God, Savior, revive my heart!!! Let the immensity of the treasure that is YOU take my breath away. Jesus, please just sit right here, I am off to sell it all so that I can come back and have you!!!!

And then I am brought to my knees in a mixture of joy and sorrow as I realize "Wait, that is exactly what He did to purchase me.” I am the pearl. Jesus sold it all, because I am the pearl of great price.

Did you know that you are that pearl too? My price, your price, they were all so high. He found us though and loved us so much that He willingly, passionately gave it all!

That's what we celebrate this week! Jesus didn't just die, he died FOR YOU! And now He lives FOR YOU!!

Shout it out! Shout out 'Thanks!' and 'Praise God!' It's true, you're that valuable!


"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus!" Romans 6:10-11

No comments: