Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday's Living Water

Scripture

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

So the Pharisees said to Him, "You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true."

Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.
John 8: 12-14


Jesús les habló otra vez, diciendo: Yo soy la luz del mundo; el que me sigue no andará en tinieblas, sino que tendrá la luz de la vida.

Entonces los fariseos le dijeron: das testimonio de ti mismo; tu testimonio no es verdadero.

Respondió Jesús y les dijo: Aunque yo doy testimonio de mismo, mi testimonio es verdadero, porque yo de dónde he venido y adónde voy; pero vosotros no sabéis de dónde vengo ni adónde voy.
Juan 8: 12-14



Reading - Slowly read the Scripture passage several times


Meditation - Take some time to reflect on the words and phrases in the text. Which words, phrases or images speak to you most?


Prayer - Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.


Contemplation - What word or image captures the spirit of the passage for you?

No comments: