Thursday, November 27, 2008

Friday's Living Water

Scripture

Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, "I have heard your prayer
and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.


"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the
locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,

and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My
face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin
and will heal their land.

"Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.

"For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.
2 Chronicles 7: 12-16



Reading - Slowly read the Scripture passage several times


Meditation - Take some time to reflect on the words and phrases in the text. Which words, phrases or images speak to you most?


Prayer - Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.


Contemplation - What word or image captures the spirit of the passage for you?

No comments: